Musings About Life... After Birth
Posted by Chelsea on June 30, 2009
When it comes to most things, I am not brand-loyal. I dip my fries in Heinz ketchup as well as the brand from my beloved Trader Joe’s, alternate between Chanel, Prescriptives and Lancome mascaras and wrap my kids in both Pampers and Huggies. For a select few items, however, I will use one brand and one brand only. Car seats are one example of such a product; when I buy a car seat, it’s Britax and Britax only.
The reason why I love Britax car seats are simple: they’re super sturdy, easy to install, comfortable (at least my kids never complain about them) and, most importantly, consistently receive the highest safety ratings from Consumer Reports. Though they’re not the least expensive car seats available, I have no problem justifying spending a little extra on something so important. The rest of The Momtourage, it seems, agrees. Nearly all of our kids ride around in Britax Marathons, Decathlons or Boulevards:
Britax’s most recent addition to its fleet is the Frontier Combination Harness-2-Booster, a seat for when your child is ready to make the transition from convertible car seat to a booster. It can be used two ways: if your child is at least two years old and weighs between 25 and 80 pounds, you can use it strapped in as you would a traditional forward-facing car seat. If your child is between 40 and 100 pounds, the combination seat can be used as a vehicle seat belt-positioning booster. All in all, it provides eight harness positions and three buckle strap positions, and includes the Versa-Tether, HUGS and premium LATCH connectors. In terms of what the seat itself offers, it’s got rotating, soft armrests, adjustable head support that also serves as sleep support for the child and retractable cup and snack holders.
I’ve seen the product, and it’s fantastic - just like all of Britax’s other products. When it comes time to get a booster, you know which one’s going in my car…...
Want to win a Frontier or a Boulevard of your own? In order to be eligible to win, you must be a member of The Momtourage’s Mailing list, so click on the green “Join Our Mailing List” box at the top, left-hand side of this page for a chance to win. Winners will be chosen on July 15 and notified by email. Good luck!
Posted by Chelsea on June 01, 2009
Whee! It’s summer! Time for the pool, beach, slip ‘n slide, sandals, bathing suits (okay, that’s yuck), outdoor picnics, grilling out…..I love it!
To get your summer started off right, each day this month, The Momtourage is giving away a goodie bag stocked with all of our favorite summer essentials - think beauty products, beach reads, heat-beaters, etc. Here’s what’s included:
1) A copy of Tori Spelling’s new book, “Mommywood”
2) Essie Nail polish from the summer collection
3) the June/July issue of Healthy Cooking Magazine
4) Avene TriXera Bath
5) Xen-Tan Transform gradual self-tanner/moisturizer
6) Alba Organics Coconut Lime Cream Shave
7) Avalon Organics Deodorant Spray
8) One With Nature Dead Sea Salt collection soap
9) Smooth N Shine Polishing Repair Xtreme Therapy Leave-In Treatment
10) a Gaiam Flower Power aluminum water bottle
11) Noah’s Naturals Brazilian Body Cream, Body Wash and Body Polish
12) Per-fekt Body Perfection Gel
13) Great chick-lit beach reads from Broadway Books including “RATTLED! A Memoir”, by Christine Coppa, “The Package Deal”, by Izzy Rose and “Adaptability” by by MJ Ryan
14) BAN Clinical Strength Roll-On Antiperspirant/Deodorant
15) Avon SpectraColor Lipstick
16) Julie Hewitt Shimmy Face & Body Shimmer and Cheekie cheek and lip shine
17) Biore Skin Preservation Dual Fusion Mositurizer + SPF 30
18) Carol’s Daughter Body Cleansing Gel
19) “SPENT: End Exhaustion and Feel Great Again” by Frank Lipman, M.D.
To win, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org telling me about your favorite summer family activity!
Page 1 of 1 pages
Click on the icon below to get The Momtourage™ content updates through your feed reader whenever we update our site.
- The Kiefer Cottage
Meet the Kiefers: a quirky, lovable family of five on a quest to transform their 1940s Kansas City bungalow into the house of their dreams. The budget is small, the dreams are big, the creativity is inspiring. Check them out - you can thank us later. Happy reading, everybody!
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® All Purpose Cleaner
I don't understand gals who claim to loooove cleaning. That said, I do get a certain joy from using Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day® All Purpose Cleaner to care for my home. You can't lose with this stuff...it is hard-working & earth-friendly, and will leave your abode smelling like a day spa instead of a chemical spill. Try Lemon Verbena in the kitchen and Basil in the bathroom. At only $7.99 a bottle, you can afford to pick up both!
- True Blood
Um, does this even need a caption? Doubtful, but let me just say that this is the hottest hour on television. Vampires are seriously sexy (especially Eric), and on this show you get to see a lot of them--if you get what I mean. Put the kids to bed and flip the channel to HBO on Sundays at 9 p.m. to taste the fun that is True Blood.
- Valentino Bow Thong Sandals
So comfy and feminine, I know I'd wear them all summer. But dang, that much money for jellies? Possibly worth the splurge. $275, nordstrom.com
- New Balance Kids’ Sneakers in wide sizes
My boys have wide feet, which means finding cute shoes for them is tough. These, however, rock. Prices vary, visit nbwebexpress.com to purchase.
- Zoya “Laurie” Nail Polish
This sheer pink polish is, without question, the PERFECT nude pink. Plus, the polish is free of formaldehyde, toluene, camphor and dibutyl phthalate (read: yucky crap that isn't really safe for prego gals). $6, enailsupply.com.
- A response to Ron Clark’s “What teachers really want to tell parents”
- Apparently My Husband Thinks in Sci-Fi
- Monday Again?
- The Momtourage Remembers
- How to Sound Smarter When You Write: Free Lesson
- What Should Your Child Know? Spot On Wisdom.
- Hurricane prep you might not have considered…...
- How to Lose a Guy in Nine Ways (Ideas you just might want to pass on to your daughters!)
- Mommy Merit Badges
- Ask the Experts
- Mother's Day
- Blog stuff
- Life in the 'Hood
- Contests and Giveaways
- DC Stuff
- Election 2008
- Environmental Awareness
- Funny Stuff
- Health and Safety
- In the News
- Interesting Articles
- Kidding Around
- Monday Mom Must-Haves
- My Boys
- New Baby
- New York City
- Parents Who Rock
- Pop Culture Commentary
- Radio Appearances
- Stuff for Baby
- Television Commentary
- The Madness of Motherhood